Updates ISPConfig to the latest version - no Website or Websites Related Area

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Indieben, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Indieben

Indieben Member

Hi, I'm a bit lost, they all seem to have disappeared but the websites are still working fine. Thanks. I have said yes to the backup whilst running the ispconfig_update.sh script. I also did update the web server address in the script but I would have thought, since the script gives the option for that, it shouldn't cause an issue. I've also restarted the web server.

https://snipboard.io/k4dZSL.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Either the sites module is not enabled for the user that you are currently logged in or webserver is not enabled for at least one server under system > server services. in case you are on Debian 10, it might be that you made a mistake when you became root user, if you used 'su' instead of 'su -', then this will result in wrong path variable on Debian 10 so system related programs like the iospconfig updater might fail. In that case, login correctly with 'su -' and then update again.

3. Indieben

Indieben Member

Resolved, the modules had just become disabled so i've re-enabled them - i noticed in the upgrade system it said that they were not activated and to leave them disabled - I didn't realise what this meant as they were there before and i usually just go with default options to stay safe. I think there's a bit of a problem with this latest upgrade script.

4. Indieben

Indieben Member

Oooh hey Till, yes I didn't do "su -" will this have caused an problems? I've never done su - before - i guess this is a deb 10 thing? Update: just tried it with - the message returned was no updates available for ispconfig 3.1.15.

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, this causes the problem. The su command has changed in Debian 10 when you do 'su' instead of 'su -', then the PATH variable is different and various system paths are not in the path, so when the ispconfig updater searches e.g for postfix by using 'which postfix', then no postfix is returned. You can easily try it out yourself, login with su and su - and try to find system binaries by using the which command, like 'which postfix' or 'which dovecot', then you see the difference and why ISPConfig thought that the programs were not installed.