updatue to ISCP 2.2.2 but PHP Version 4.3.10-16

Discussion in 'General' started by tom, May 3, 2006.

1. tom

tom Member

I've updated to ISPC 2.2.2 but phpinfo() still shows PHP Version 4.3.10-16.

Maybe I'm to tired but should it not be upgraded to PHP5.1.3 accourding to the newsletter?
    Code:
    Detailed Changelog
    ------------------
    - Update: Updated ClamAV to version 0.88.2.
    - Update: Updated SpamAssassin to version 3.1.1.
    - Update: Updated PHP to version 5.1.3
    tom

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you access the phpinfo() file over port 80 (your normal Apache) or port 81 (ISPConfig's Apache)? On ISPConfig's Apache it should show PHP 5.1.3, on your main Apache the PHP version that is used by your main Apache.

3. tom

tom Member

I've used phpinfo() on port 80, the normal Apache. So it seems that only the php version of the ISPC Apache has changed. I thought and even would like to change the "user" or normal php apache version.

What would be the best way to change the apache running on port 80 to PHP 5.1.3. as well?

tom

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes, of course.

Check if your distribution has packages for PHP 5.1.3, otherwise you must compile from the sources.

5. tom

tom Member

...but why ISPC is'nt compiled with PHP 5.XX by default? Are there difficulties to use ISPC whith PHP5.1.3 for the main apache?

tom

6. oliver.blaha

oliver.blaha ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

It IS compiled with PHP 5 by default.

The PHP shipping with ISPC is only used for ISPC itself, on port 81.

Which php you're running on port 80, for your websites, is completely up to you. It doen't matter if you choose PHP 4 or 5. ISPC simply hasn't anything to do with that. This way everyone is free to decide what he wants.

7. tom

tom Member

Hmm, I've I default installation of ISPC and Debian3.1. But I don't now how to get PHP 5.1.3 get running on apache.

This configure ommands were used by default:
    So what I've to do to get apache running with PHP 5.1.3?
    tom

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  8. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The PHP 5.1.3 from ISPConfig is not for running on your apache, as oliver posted. You can use any PHP version on your apache that you want and you will have to install it with the package manager of your linux distribution, in your case with apt.

9. thesquib

thesquib New Member

Haha this suddenly all started making a bit more sense to me now ---
    the fact that ispconfig has its own version of php etc.