Upgrade 2.2.36 can't change users' information

Discussion in 'General' started by DrJohn, Jul 19, 2010.

1. DrJohn

DrJohn Member

I upgraded from 2.2.35 to 2.2.36 in a Ubuntu 9.10 KVM server instance. The upgrade required two passes through setup because I forgot about the issue with /usr/include/stdio.h, which had been reverted after the original 2.2.35 install, and so I had to restart the upgrade from the tar.gz unpacking. The second time through it ran as a new install :)confused:), although I entered the existing dbase names and password, and then ispConfig seemed to be configured correctly. It was working just fine until I needed to change a password for an existing user.

Went to the site, User & Email tab, clicked the username, entered new password, clicked Save, and saw "The username already is in use". The username is listed in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users (logically as this is an existing and active user). The same error occurs if I try to make other changes, such as add a site to the user's email whitelist.

What do I need to do to allow changes to users' information? I hesitate to delete the username from /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users due to the convoluted path to the upgrade -- in case there is something misconfigured.

Thanks!

2. DrJohn

DrJohn Member

Later on -- I checked and the password was changed after all, so the problem with the password at least seems to be only that the error message appeared.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please delete the username from /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users.

4. DrJohn

DrJohn Member

OK, that removed the error message. Should I not then delete all users from /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/users?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Only the users that you created with ISPConfig. You must leave all other users in there so that ISPConfig knows that it must not create such a user (because it already exists).

6. DrJohn

DrJohn Member

Thank you, Falko, for the clarification!