Upgrade 3.0.5.3->3.0.5.4: Reconfigure services?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by ispcomm, Apr 24, 2014.

1. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

I am evaluating the upgrade from 3.0.5.3 to 3.0.5.4 in my "slightly modified" multiserver evironment.

Basically my mail and web services have been enhanced in their configuration files to include a little more in terms of security and antispam services.

During upgrade what shall I choose to *not* reconfigure services? If so, are the databases compabile from 3.0.5.3 to 3.0.5.4 so that the services (dovecot/postfix etc) keep running with the old config files ?

It would be great if there was a summary on the incompatible changes between the two ispconfig versions.

ispcomm

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely it will work without reconfigure services to update from 3.0.5.3 to 3.0.5.4, but I havent tested that. If it dont work, then rerun the update and choose reconfigure services then.

3. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

Thank you for the quick answer. I updated the web servers and they seems to be working fine.

I'll try the mailservers tonight and hope they will be OK too.

However, I'm only concerned about some changed in the mysql tables.
    The new fields in mail_domains are related to dkim handling:

dkim
    dkim_selector
    dkim_private
    dkim_public

There's also new fields in the mail_users table:

disablesieve-filter
    disablelmtp

I'll have to check what changes are needed in dovecot and postfix to allow for these new fields.

ispcomm

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The dkim fields are not used yet, they will be in use in ispconfig 3.1 or when you install the dkim patches that Florian backported to ISPConfig 3.0.5.3.

5. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

It seems that my upgrade went well. I still have to adapt my config for

disablesieve-filter
    disablelmtp

but all the other options are fine.

well done.

ispcomm

6. alicumircea

alicumircea New Member

Same situation

Hi,
    Sorry to bump into this post but I'm in the same situation - I have a cluster built like here:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/installin...tabase-cluster-on-debian-6.0-with-ispconfig-3
    I also modified Postfix to add extra anti-spam security and I also have a few modifications that were done on the fly on the apache server that I can't remember exactly which they were... :)
    I want to upgrade to 3.0.5.4 from 3.0.5.3 and had 2 questions:
    - what happens if I reconfigure services? Do I lose anything in my configs?
    - is there something that I should domdifferent when I update the slave? In the update instructions I see this:

Code:
    Reconfigure Permissions in master database? (yes,no) [no]:
    If this is a slave server in a multiserver setup, then choose “yes” here on at least one of the slave servers. For single server installations, choose ‘no’. Then you were asked if the services shall be reconfigured:
    Reconfigure Services? (yes,no) [yes]:
    You should choose “yes” here, only if you modified your system configuration manually, it might be better to choose no. But in this case, new features in ISPConfig might not work or functions might stop working until you adjusted the config files manually. So its always a good choice to select ‘yes’ here. In the next step, select the ispconfig port:

Thanks for your help!

7. ispcomm

ispcomm Member

the slave instructions guide you to upgrading from the slave. you need a root password for the master that works from the slave ip.

regarding the reconfiguration, you WILL lose your custom mods. the best thing you can do is install a dummy server with 3.0.5.4 and look at differences between it's config and yours.

ispcomm

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014