Upgrade FC4 to FC5 in ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by cybereatl, Mar 22, 2006.

1. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Hi folks,

I just download Fedora Core 5, and I tested on my laptop and 64 bit version is working pretty good, as well I want to upgrade my server FC4 but ISPConfig is running there with 5 sites hosted.

Will be worth the attempt to upgrade or rather I build a new server and create a backup of ISPConfig and restore data on new server with Fedora Core 5?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

First, it is not a good idea to jump to the latest release of a linux distribution a few days after the release when you run a server! Why do you want to do that when your server runs fine now? Fedora 4 will be supported with fixes some time.

The second is, Fedora 5 is not supported by ISPConfig yet. If you run the ISPConfig installer on Fedora 5, the installer will stop with the message like "unsopported operating system".

3. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

That's a good point, also main idea is taking advance of 64 bit technology that's running pretty good so far for me.

I'll work with the workstations and give more time to ISPConfig with FC4 to run until really need different features.

Thanks for the tip!!