Upgrade ISPConfig to the latest version and reconfigure services

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Jun 5, 2017.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Dear,

due our ISPConfig network (master-slave setup) is going to be pretty huge, and most of the services have some serious customization from the standard, we have trouble when we are going to upgrade because when we do "Reconfigure services" we lost all of them, and we need to take back manually.

Question is: while we update the ISPConfig if we don't do "Reconfigure services" we'll facing some problems?
    Or every services will going to works as before?
    Let us know.

Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I guess you might have missed to make your customizations update-safe by storing the modifed templates for the services that you customized in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/. The install templates are in install/tpl/ folder of the ispconfig tar.gz.

3. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Ah ok, nice to know that one. Didn't read anything like that before.
    Exist some documentations about it? On the manual (that we have got) I didn't see anything about it.
    Thank you.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It is described in many threads here in the forum but there is no other docs as far as I know. All you have to do is to copy the template to conf-custom/install/ and modify it. The modified template then takes precedence during update over the one that ships with the new ISPConfig version.