Upgrade OS from 18.04.3 LTS to latest 20.04 LTS with 3.2.1

Discussion in 'General' started by Sergio Cesar, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Sergio Cesar

Sergio Cesar Member

Ijust updated to the lastest version 3.2.1 running on a 18.04.3 LTS distro
    Are there any issues I need to watch for in doing "aptitude -y upgrade" to upgrade the OS to 20.04 LTS.
    Thanks

2. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

After doing this, go throug the perfect server guide to install/remove eventual software that you should (or shouldn't) have on 20.04. Then run a force update to reconfigure services.
    Code:
    ispconfig_update.sh --force

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The issue is, I think, it won't be upgraded to 20.04 that way. You'll need to use this command instead: do-release-upgrade

Th0m likes this.
  4. G0ldmember

G0ldmember New Member

Hi,

I know that thread is already old but Ubuntu 18.04 gets updates till April this year so I only decided to do the update today :).
    Everything went more or less well but I noticed that after the upgrade to Ubuntu 20.04 all the user quotas are gone.
    E-Mail and DB Quota are still there, but web quota is 0 everywhere. Any clue why?

I've set the web quotas manually again and some times later, they re-appeared.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  5. ahrasis

Not to my knowledge as the quota was working just fine in my 20.04 (Bionic). However, I recently updated my servers to 22.04 (Jammy).

G0ldmember likes this.
  6. G0ldmember

G0ldmember New Member

Actually I could consider this as well, you're right. Anything special to note for the upgrade from 20.04 to 22.04?

Greetings

Dennis

7. ahrasis

Nothing actually, but if I do it again, I will ensure I got all the php versions install first (I did this last recently because I didn't earlier realize the php I have is 5.6 to 8.0 only), check if I already converted to rspamd (I would do this second if I didn't earlier), then update my ISPConfig to latest version, follow Ubuntu upgrade to the latest (very long process), restore all the disable repository thereafter, run apt to update, upgrade and clean, run ISPConfig force update re-configuring all services again, lastly check if all systems and services are working (I double check all default php (cli, cgi fpm.sock) is version 8.1). So far my servers are working fine.

G0ldmember likes this.
  8. G0ldmember

G0ldmember New Member

I'm only using the PHP version from the repo so probably this won't be a big issue on my side. But thanks for sharing! Have a nice weekend!