upgrade to 3.0.4.1 time problems

Discussion in 'General' started by nsansari, Dec 5, 2011.

1. nsansari

nsansari New Member

I'm running Ubuntu server hardy.

Just upgraded to 3.0.4.1 and all seems good except one problem with time. I'm getting following message at bottom of all pages on the control panel.

Strict Standards: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'UTC' for 'GMT/0.0/no DST' instead in /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/classes/session.inc.php on line 90

I also have open cart running on one of the websites and time seems to have been messed up on there as well. I've checked the time on the server at that is OK.

Any one have any idea ?

Thanks in advance

2. pititis

pititis Member

Hi,

I think your date.timezone is empty in your php.ini

You must set it, example:

Code:
    date.timezone = "Europe/Berlin"

More timezones here:

http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

Cheers

3. nsansari

nsansari New Member

Thanks pititis, that has fixed the problem, that line was actually commented out, so just removed the comment and added GMT.

Now wonder why this opencart website has still got the wrong time, its showing as 2012, I guess thats a question for their forum.

Thanks again