Upgrade to ISPConfig 3.1.15 and now Cannot Log into admin panel

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Monotoba, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Monotoba

Monotoba Member

Hi,
    Sorry to be asking so many questions here the last few months. But I updated my ISPConfig 3.1.1p2 install to version 3.1.15 and now I cannot log into the admin panel. All my website except the main domain's site is up and working. The main domain is responding with an apache default page. I can log into phpmyadmin but I don't see the admin panel's user admin account. Is it in mysql user or dbispconfig <some table>? I did a backup during the upgrade and did another running update a second time. Email also seems to be down and I would bet ftp as well.

What procedure should I follow to resolve this issue without making it worse?

Thanks for your help!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

So you did not install any updates in the last 3 years if you updated from 3.1.1p2. That's a huge step to skip 14 releases, so this may cause issues. Any errors during update? And which Operting system and OS version do you use?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  3. Monotoba

Monotoba Member

The machine is a recent setup. Sorry, 3.1.14p2. I'm typing with a broken hand. The setup is about 2 months old.

4. till

Ok. Which Linux Distribution and version and what about errors during first update?

5. Monotoba

Monotoba Member

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, sorry I should have included that in the first post.

6. till

And no error during update or you did not remember if there were errors? Do you have the screen still open, can you scroll up and post the screen output?

And regarding your question about the admin account, it is in the dbispconfig database in the sys_user table.

7. Monotoba

Monotoba Member

No errors. Everything seemed to go smoothly until I tried to log back in.

8. Monotoba

Monotoba Member

During the update I selected the defaults for everything...

9. till

Login problems can also be caused by browser session issues. try to delete cookies in your browser.

10. Monotoba

Monotoba Member

Is there a way to restore from the backup? I looked and it seems the dbispconfig password in mysql/user has changed. However, setting the new password in ../server/lin/config.inc.php and restating mysql doesn't resolve the issue.

11. Monotoba

Monotoba Member

I tried clearing the cache and using a different browser. No luck there either.

12. till

Unpack the backup and copy it back.

An ISPConfig update does not change the password of the ispconfig user. If it was changed, then this was not caused by the updater.

13. Monotoba

Monotoba Member

Then I wonder what could have changed it... I had only created the DMARC record for email this morning but I have not changed the password or any setting prior to running the update. Which is when the issue with login occurred.
    I will reinstall from backup and then change the password for security sake, after being sure that everything is working.