Upgraded my dedicated master in a multiserver setup from wheezy to jessie and now unable to log in

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Nov 3, 2015.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

I was successful in doing an upgrade on another web server in my multi-server setup and so got up the courage to do my dedicated master cp. After a successful update when I go to my http://ispconfig_server:8080 I get a blank screen

In var/log/apache/access.log I get:

76.xxx.xx.xx - - [02/Nov/2015:21:50:57 -0600] "GET /:8080 HTTP/1.1" 403 516 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0"
    127.0.0.1 - - [02/Nov/2015:21:55:04 -0600] "GET /server-status?auto HTTP/1.1" 403 477 "-" "munin/2.0.25-1 (libwww-perl/6.08)"

My kernel is the correct version and apache is 2.4. I did download and run the ispconfig update.php and did reconfigure permissions and services

Getting desperate. Any ideas where to start troubleshooting this?

THanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It might be that an apache or php package is missing. Check the apache fcgi module is installed and loaded and that php-cgi (which is used for fcgi as well) is installed as well

3. webguyz

Thanks Till. Had to roll back to a image backup for now but will check the items you mentioned when I try again.

4. webguyz

Till, is it possible to install a new server with Jessie and install ISPConfig, and then restore my current dedicated CP master dpispconfig db from my Debian Wheezy CP master onto this server and do an ISPConfig upgrade?

Having problems upgrading my Wheezy dedicated CP master in my multiserver system and thought this might be a quicker way to get around it. I start getting panicky when the master is down for more then an hour.

Thanks!

5. till

Yes, but you have to restore the complete mysql setup from your current master incl. all existing mysql users and not just the dbispconfig database.

6. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If you´re running apache, you must reconfigure the vhosts for the interface. Wheezy comes with 2.2, while Jessie has 2.4

7. webguyz

Would the ISPconfig update take care of that? I only have the ISPConfig website on this server.

I was going to install a new Jessie server and install just the CP and then install ISPConfig. Move the entire MySQL db over and then do an ISPConfig update.

Thanks!

8. till

You have to do these steps after a dist upgrade:

1) Update ispconfig and choose to reconfigure services during update.
    2) Login into ispconfig, go to tools > resync, select all options and start the resync.