Upgraded Ubuntu with php 7.2.10 and site showing 7.0.32 in joomla

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by digiplay, Dec 11, 2018.

1. digiplay

digiplay New Member

I just upgraded my Ubuntu server to 18.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-130-generic i686). I checked at command line and got "PHP 7.2.10-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (cli) (built: Sep 13 2018 13:45:02) ( NTS )". When my designer went into Joomla admin page to check he got the following:
    Error
    We have detected that your server is using PHP 7.0.32-0ubuntu0.16.04.1 which is obsolete and no longer receives official security updates by its developers. The Joomla! Project recommends upgrading your site to PHP 7.1 or later which will receive security updates at least until 2019-12-01. Please ask your host to make PHP 7.1 or a later version the default version for your site. If your host is already PHP 7.1 ready please enable PHP 7.1 on your site's root and 'administrator' directories – typically you can do this yourself through a tool in your hosting control panel, but it's best to ask your host if you are unsure.

I have this particular site set to "default" for PHP version. Am I missing doing something?

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have you installed extra PHP versions? What did you upgrade from?
    It may be that upgrading Ubuntu 16.04 to 18.04 does not remove the old PHP version. I don't know if upgrading changes the default version if you have set it yourself (with update-alternatives --config php) So the website may indeed still be using old PHP.
    You can install extra PHP versions:https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...fig-3-from-debian-packages-on-debian-8-and-9/ Read also comments, expecially by Jesse Norell.

3. digiplay

digiplay New Member

In the past older versions of PHP have not been removed. In /etc it appears that multiple versions are still there. I have php with 2 sub directories 7.0 & 7.2 plus php5 and php54. In ISPconfig, it only has a choice of php versions 5.4 and default. And 2 sites are no longer working, while the others still think they're on 7.0 apparently.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ThZjchoiceses you have in ISPConfig depends on which versions you added in ISPConfig under system > server config.

5. digiplay

digiplay New Member

I am unable to access the system settings with my personal logon in ISPconfig. I apparently noted the incorrect password for admin, also.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

7. digiplay

digiplay New Member