Upgrading to 3.2.9 would it be mandatory to Reconfigure services?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by etruel, Nov 24, 2022.

1. etruel

etruel Member HowtoForge Supporter

I would need to know if it is essential to give [yes] to reconfigure services or it is not necessary for update to this version.

The problem is that I have modified the email configuration files, mainly main.cf of postfix so that for certain domains it sends emails through Mailjet (I do not remember well because I configured it quite some time ago).

But every time I do an update of ISPConfig, if I forget this and I give [yes] to Reconfigure Services, these files are replaced and I have to modify the files again and it is quite complicated and time consuming.

Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I can't say for sure, but probably yes.

You missed setting up custom templates correctly when you have to do manual modifications after an update with reconfigure services. When doing customizations in config files managed by ISPConfig, then copy the template file which the config is based of from install/tpl/ folder (in the ISPConfig tar.gz) to the folder /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ and modify the template to match your desired config changes. The ISPConfig installer will then use the modified template instead the one from tar.gz during updates.

etruel likes this.
  3. etruel

etruel Member HowtoForge Supporter

This was very interesting...

And it worked perfectly.
    upload_2022-11-24_14-19-29.png
    thanks!

till likes this.
  4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer