Usage of ISPConfig for dummy

Discussion in 'General' started by fuzzyhost, Jan 14, 2007.

1. fuzzyhost

fuzzyhost New Member

Some of you can tell me what is the step by step process to setup my 2 domain name on my server with ISPConfig?

All is working fine (What a fantastic tools it is...) but I very not understand how it work.

2. xandows

xandows New Member

ISPconfig

Through my experience with ISPconfig, I believe it is very simple, if you read everything carefully. Please follow this link, download all the PDF files, read them in your spare time, do not rush, and you will see how fun to create objects, and manage them. It's serious and down to business system.

Good Luck!

http://ispconfig.org/documentation.htm

Xandows

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

First you must create a client, and then you can create your two web sites for that client in ISPConfig.

4. PermaNoob

PermaNoob Member

So the admin can't create sites directly?

Another question--why when setting up a site does it ask which folder to put it in--reseller, clients or sites?

How do you tell which client a site belongs to?

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes. ISPConfig is a hosting control panel for hosting companys and they have always a client for a website. If you use it on your private server, you might not need this. Just create a client and name it e.g. my personal sites and use this for all your sites.

Why is windows or linux asking you for a folder when you save a file? Folders are there to organize your data and records. You can store them in any of these folders or you create new folders with name that you like.

The sites are listed on the sites tab of a client.