Use CSS

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by dhonnoll78, Jan 20, 2007.

1. dhonnoll78

dhonnoll78 New Member

How do I add CSS to my web page www.missionnicaragua.net?
    I am using NVU to compile it but I also have Crimson. Is there a GUI point and click program out there I can download and at least get started using CSS on my web site?

2. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I think any good WYSIWYG web editing program will let you use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets).

I myself use Macromedia Dreamweaver 8 for creating websites.

3. dhonnoll78

dhonnoll78 New Member

I know that Crimson will. Does Dreamweaver let you add those using a GUI or do you have to hard write that code to the html code?

4. edge

There is a GUI "Page Design (CSS) option", but I always code my CSS'es by hand.

5. dhonnoll78

dhonnoll78 New Member

That GUI is it with Dreamweaver or what? Does NVU have it and I am just not seeing it?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I'm not sure, but I think so.

7. edge

Whats NVU¿

8. martinfst

martinfst Member Moderator

I guess it's this product.

9. dhonnoll78

dhonnoll78 New Member

And you would be correct martinfest. I really need to speed my page up and I think CSS is my answer. Also If I can learn how to work with CSS I might can get off the helpdesk and into web development at work:D

10. falko

Search for "css tutorial" on Google. I think that's enough material to get started. ;)

11. dhonnoll78

dhonnoll78 New Member

Okay I found it, it actually has CSS tools in the tool bar (blamedest thing started it and got a pop up saying NVU has CSS Features (that little tutorial that pops up every time it starts) just click Tools > CSS.
    I guess I just graduated from Technical Analyst 2 to user since I didn't read the screen first. HA HA

12. falko

:D Sometimes the solution is closer than you think.