Use ISPConfig Letsencrypt SSL Cert for PHPMyAdmin

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by labsy, Apr 3, 2017.

1. labsy

labsy Member

Hi,
    after a lot of rumble I finally managed to use Let's Encrypt SSL for ISPConfig control panel on my Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS. It does NOT work in the means like enabling Letsencrypt via ISPConfig, but ok, I just wanted it to run on main domain.
    Ok, now ISPConfig works via https://cp.mydomain.com:8081

Now, how can I use the same cert for PHPMyAdmin?
    It is on same FQDN, but on regular 443 port: https://cp.mydomain.com/phpmyadmin
    BTW... as /phpmyadmin is an Alias for ANY domain, the above link works just perfect on HTTPS if domain has existing SSL certificate installed. I just want to do the same for my MAIN domain.

I guess I just need to create some Symlinks to existing SSL keys, and modify config, but do not know which links in which directory and which config file to edit. Help appreciated.

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. labsy

labsy Member

Regarding SSL cert, yes, it is domain-based.
    But config files are not, and home directories for each web are different, despite of common domain name:
    - ISPconfig is on cp.mydomain.com:8081
    - my main domain is cp.mydomain.com
    - phpmyadmin is on cp.mydomain.com/phpmyadmin
    All are different configs and I do not know what to link where.
    I only know that for ISPConfig (working SSL!) in ispconfig.vhost file there is SSL mentioned:
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/ssl/ispserver.key

oh, my bad...
    I already tried adding the above two lines into /etc/apache2/sites-available/00000-default.vhost file (this is for ISPConfig CP) and to /etc/apache2/sites-available/default-ssl (for default server FQDN and /PHPMyAdmin), but pointed to wrong certificate and key (the old one). When I was writing this answer I noticed my typo and now everything works! PhpMyAdmin and default cp-mydomain.com are now both on LetsEncrypt valid HTTPS :)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
    ahrasis likes this.