use multi servers, I can't select php version when add a site.

Discussion in 'General' started by jamesupereal, Jul 16, 2024.

Tags:
  1. jamesupereal

jamesupereal New Member

I use ispconfig with multi servers.
    Everything works fine.
    But when I add a site in master cp, I cant't select php version when I select a slave server, It's okay if I select the master server.
    I'd like to know if I miss something?
    Thanks.

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You need to install the PHP Version on the slave node aswell. And add them in the Systemconfig at "Additional PHP Version"

jamesupereal likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Take care to add the PHP versions that are available on the target node for that target node under system > PHP versions.

jamesupereal likes this.
  4. jamesupereal

jamesupereal New Member

Here is screen shot of my master server and slave server. I've installed all versions of php. If I need to add my slave server's php version to master server. Thanks a lot.

Attached Files:

5. till

The slave server can not have an ISPConfig GUI, so you clearly made a mistake in your system setup, which explains your issues. And besides that, the PHP versions are not available on the master for the slave nodes, that's why you can't select them.

jamesupereal likes this.
  6. jamesupereal

jamesupereal New Member

I use the command install the slave server
    `
    wget -O - get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-nginx --no-mail --no-dns --interactive
    `
    and follow this tutorial (tutorial/ispconfig-multiserver-setup-debian-ubuntu/2/) install it. I don't know why I have the ISPConfig GUI for slave server. :D But it doesn't matter , it works fine now.

Another question , if the PHP versions are not available on the master for the slave nodes, how can I add a website in slave server with a custom PHP version.

Thanks.

7. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

When creating the website you choose which server to put in on.
    Then choose the PHP version for that website. If the additional php versions are installed on the slave, they can be selected.

8. till

The installer asked you if the web interface shall be installed, you should have chosen 'n' as shown in the tutorial but you seem to have chosen 'y' there.

It will work as long as you do not login to the GUI on the slave. As soon as you login there and add or change something, your multiserver setup will fall apart and break.

You must add the PHP versions on the master. An never login to the GUI on the slave again, or you'll break the setup.

jamesupereal likes this.
  9. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

If your slave is not in production, it may be advisable to just reinstall the node and set it up correctly.

jamesupereal likes this.
  10. jamesupereal

jamesupereal New Member

Thanks for ur kindly reply. I have additional php versions installed on this slave node, But they're missed.

Attached Files:

11. jamesupereal

jamesupereal New Member

Thanks. My mistake is install the web server to the slave node. I will reinstall it. Thanks a lot. :)

12. till

Installing web server is fine if the slave shall run websites, but you should not have enabled the ISPConfig GUI.

jamesupereal likes this.
  13. jamesupereal

jamesupereal New Member

If it's mean that I must manual add all PHP versions on the master each time when I add a new node, Thank you.

14. till

Yes, you must add the PHP versions on the master for the node.

ahrasis likes this.
  15. jamesupereal

jamesupereal New Member

Got it,Thanks a lot.