use usernames & passwort for acces to an intern forum

Discussion in 'Tips/Tricks/Mods' started by testset, Sep 2, 2007.

1. testset

testset New Member

I run an »intern forum«. At the moment i use a htaccess checkback, which ask for a username and password. The username and password is for every user the same.

Is it possible to get the usernames and their passwords out of the ISPconfig database (?), so that they can change in ISPconfig their passwords and can login with their ISPconfig username and password through the .htaccess checkback infront of the intern forum?

I mean something like this:
    »Hello, this is the .htaccess which protects the intern forum. please enter your ISPconfig username and ISPconfig password to proceed«
    So, i need the usernames with their passwords - and when a user changes his password the new password should/must be used to access the .htaccess checkback "before" the forum (in forum they can have other usernames and passwords)

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

That depends on the login information that you need.

The usernames and passwords are stored in the database table sys_user and you can retrieve it from there.

The passwords for the email users are not stored in the ISPConfig database. If you gave to validate against them, you will have to retrive them from /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.