User mail created on ISPconfig doesn't work with Roundcube

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Killamasta60, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Killamasta60

Killamasta60 New Member

Hello everybody,

I tried to link roundcube with my CPannel ISPconfig, following strictly this tuto.

Unfortunatly, it doesn't work. When I create a new mail user on ISPconfig, it is stored in my dbispconfig database and mail_user table, instead of I think, in my roundcube database.

So when I try to connect to my roundcube interface with this login, I have an authentication error...

Could you help me please ?

Host : VPS OVH.com Classic 3
    Debian Version: 7.7
    ISPConfig Version: 3.0.5.4p5
    Roundcube Version: Last

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

thats all correct, the user has not be stored in roundcube database. roundcube connects to ispconfig with imap and the imap dameon (dovecot or courier) reads the infos directly from the dbispconfig database. roundcube creates its internal user automatically on first successfull login, the user in the roundcube database is not used for authentication at all, it just stores settings and presets that you make after login in roundcube.

When you use the roundcube ispconfig plugin as addition, then this plugin reads the details about the user from the dbispconfig database as well and not from the roundcube database.

And the same login works when you use anormal client like thunderbrd or outlook? Did you use the full email address as username, the login name of a email account is "[email protected]" and not just "user".

3. Killamasta60

Killamasta60 New Member

I think I need help to create my mail server from my VPS. I'm not sure that I made the right things...

I saw that while I tried to use Outlook to test this email... It answers me "mail server is unknown". Could somebody helps me to configure my mail server ?

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

5. Killamasta60

Killamasta60 New Member

Thanks for the tutorial. But it don't explain how to link ispconfig with an existing domain.
    To explain : I already have a domain named "dynamics-esport.fr". Thanks to tutos, I was able to create my first sub-domain "www.".

But now, I don't know how to create my "mx." sub-domain and register it on with my domain to declare a mail server...