User name rather than Real Name in mail header??

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by deanclaxton, Oct 19, 2005.

1. deanclaxton

deanclaxton New Member

Hi :)

Over the past few days we have built our first ISPconfig box using Ubuntu 5.04 as a base. Many thanks for the How-To document :)

Last night we installed webmail which is the only interface we are using at this stage for email.

It appears to be working quite nicely other than one issue as follows :

The displayed name (From) is the user name rather than real name

ie. If Vim Fuego ([email protected]) sends an email to Colin Grigson ([email protected]), the message is displayed in Colin's inbox as having come from "vimf" rather than "Vim Fuego".

In the mail setup, all appears to be ok in that the Real Name is "Vim Fuego", mail address is "[email protected]", user name is also set to "vimf" (I have removed the user name prefix as it is only hosting for a small company).

I'm thinking that perhaps there is a configuration file we need to change? I'm guessing that for some reason postfix is using the user name rather than the real name?

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance
    Dean

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  2. deanclaxton

deanclaxton New Member

Doh! We found it in the individual users mail preferences (using webmail) under General Information.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005