user permission

Discussion in 'General' started by Toucan, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Toucan

Toucan Member

I'm trying to set up rsync from one ispconfig server to another. The second server is not a mirror.

I'm following this tutorial:
    http://www.howtoforge.com/mirroring_with_rsync

The second server does have ispconfig installed so there will be users and groups, but then won't match up to the server1.

When rsync copies the files from server 1, it preserves the users and groups from the first.

Is this likely to be an issue with apache user accessing the files?

David#

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The synced sites wont work if the uid's and gid's of web users and client groups on boths systems are not the same.

3. Toucan

Toucan Member

Thank you. I think then the temporary answer is to chown the mirrored site regularly. Agreed?

Long term, make this second server as true mirror so the ids will match.

4. MQuintana

MQuintana New Member

How to configure to uid's and gid's of web users and client groups on boths systems are the same?

5. till

enable: System > Server config > Web > Connect userid to group id. Thats also decribed in the ispconfig mirror tutorials.

6. MQuintana

MQuintana New Member

Hi till,
    Yes I have check this permission, but only create user in the master server with the ispconfig web interface, in the other server no create or replicate the web users and client groups.

Thanks for you assistance.

7. MQuintana

MQuintana New Member

On which server should must be enabled? in all or only in the master ?

8. till

on master and slave.

9. MQuintana

MQuintana New Member

I try, using checkmark Connected userid to group id on both servers master and slave, and only create user in master, and not replicate these in the slave server. Which troubleshootings ? I should make to achieve this ?

10. till

11. MQuintana

MQuintana New Member

Hi till,
    I use the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/server.sh script to debuging problems with ispconfig, and see these errors in the server1:
    PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 62
    DB::__construct Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    PHP Warning: mysqli::mysqli(): (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'ispconfig'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 72

I try the following troubleshooting to fix the error:
    Server1
    grep -i db_password /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php
    $conf['db_password'] = '51d9a1e98224553fa8de50cf0e3b73a2';
    mysql -u root -p
    SET PASSWORD FOR ‘ispconfig’@’localhost’ = PASSWORD(‘51d9a1e98224553fa8de50cf0e3b73a2’);
    flush privileges;

After I applied this step fix the error in the server1, but begin in the server2. I think this is because my implementation is a cluster, master to master replication. I follow the following tutorial: https://www.howtoforge.com/installi...ster-on-debian-6.0-with-ispconfig-3/#comments.

Server2
    update.sh in the slave server, reconfigure permission = yes and reconfigure services = yes. But continue the error.

How I can resolv this problem?

12. till

There should be no problems if you followed the guide, the first server uses the username ispconfig and the second one ispconfig2. Same with databases. If you used the username "ispconfig" on both nodes, then you get in trouble.