user prefix - mydns - cron

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by dzudzu, Jun 24, 2009.

1. dzudzu

dzudzu New Member

Hello,

must say i am pleased with the work done on ispconfig :)

I installed ispconfig3 on centOS 5.3 x64

I have few questions wich seem i can't figure out:

1.What are valid user prefixes to set since i don't really enjoy c[CLIENTID] and is it possible to make my own somehow?

2.I got turned off mydns from starting but where to look and edit so ispconfig don't show error messages in monitor part of admin interface

3.How can i edit all the jobs that are done in the background like av update rkhunter scans etc. i was looking at crontab and then following up on that but couldn't really find it out where and how are those jobs done since i want to take a look and modify a bit the timing of each job

4.When i make a site and delete it, then make a new one the number of site id still gets +1, so basicly: i had 2 sites with id 1 and 2, if i delete number 2 and then make new site it gets number 3? Why and can i modify this in db so it shows 2?

Thats for now, i really look forward to future releases of ispconfig :)

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

This happens because MySQL uses an auto-increment for the web id. I strongly advise against changing this!

3. dzudzu

dzudzu New Member

Thank you for the answer, would really like to know about c[CLIENT] prefix since i tried [DOMAIN] i saw that somewhere else but it doesn't work for ispconfig 3.