Userdir issues

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by FX2LTD, Mar 29, 2021.

1. FX2LTD

FX2LTD New Member

Hi,
    As I would need to have an option for users to access their temp directory in order to install their website code within the time needed by the DNS servers to update, I have seen the plug-in userdir.
    I have followed this tutorial: https://www.howtoforge.com/userdir-access-on-ispconfig-3-server
    The problem is that from the section "copy the files", things no longer work as the tutorial says, some links are not present, so I am stuck and I cannot progress.
    The ISPConfig plug-in might be missing.
    Has anyone got any idea? I tried to report the malfunction of the tutorial, but so far nobody replied to me.
    Wouldn't it be nice to have all the plug-ins already installed, and having the possibility of enabling/disabling them, rather than going through the painful installation procedure each time?
    Thanks in advance to whoever will be reading this post and provide with help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The userdir plugin is not needed anymore as there are better options to access sites before the customer domain is changed and userdir access won't work for most CMS systems anyway. See "Website auto alias" setting in ISPConfig under System > server config > web to configure access to the sites before DNS delegation.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I've removed the old userdir tutorial now as the plugin is not available anymore anyway.

4. FX2LTD

FX2LTD New Member

Oh, thank you very much for the reply. Too bad that now I am stuck half way with it (I did follow until the issues I have explained), so I guess I will have to try to revert, or leave everything as it is.
    I will look into the website autoalias settings you mentioned.
    Thanks again!
    Regards

5. FX2LTD

FX2LTD New Member

Once configured and enabled in the settings you mentioned, is there a way to have a tab in ISPconfig that a client can click on, and automatically open the link that has been configured as per configuration? Something "fool-proof" ;-)