Users can not log in on new server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Vega777, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Vega777

Vega777 New Member HowtoForge Supporter

I installed new Debian server with ISPconfig 3.0.5.4p5, created manually clients and copied password fields from client table from old server, but clients can not log in. The same situation is by FTP and mail accounts.
    Old server CentOS with ISPConfig 3.0.5.3.
    Was there any change regarding password handling between these version or should I first upgrade old server ISPConfig ?

Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The client login details are stored in the sys_user and sys_group tables, so you have to copy the password to the password field of the sys_user table.

Then you must have missed to copy something, or there is a general probem with the setup that prevents the dameons from authenticating against the ispconfig database like wrong mysql login details in the pure-ftpd and dovecot config files.

No, there had been no changes.

3. Vega777

Vega777 New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks. This was the issue. I thought that client login details are in client table. Whats purpose of password in client table ? Do I need to transfer it to new system ?

I did not wait enough till replication finished to other servers.

When I update directly via SQL password fields in ftp_user and mail_user tables is there some way how to propagate this information to other servers or I need to change something on ftp and mail account via ISPConfig interface and wait for the replication ? How the replication of ISPConfig database work in multiserver scenario ?

Thanks

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The password in the client table is not used, it is just there as the password field is part of the client form.

To replicate changes, use the resync tool.