users can't login to postfix

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kencoe, Nov 9, 2007.

1. kencoe

kencoe New Member

I seem to have an odd problem that I cannot explain. Running latest ISP config on Debian Etch (with OSSECC-HIDS).

MY users are intermittently unable to download their mail. SMTP is fine, and the Webmail interface is fine, but they cannot seem to access postfix through pop3 client. If I reboot the server they can access for a few minutes, but then start getting connection errors. It will intermittently start and stop working. Outlook can find the mail server but cannot log in, thunderbird just stalls on connect, and Evolution states that the mail server returned an unexpected response.

I Cannot seem to find any problems in the server's logs; syslog, mail.log, wail.warn, mail.err. I am I missing a place which I should be looking for an answer?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Maybe OSSECC-HIDS startsto block port 110 after a few minutes?
    What's the output of
    Code:
    netstat -tap
    and
    Code:
    iptables -L
    when this happens?

3. kencoe

kencoe New Member

now seems to be working. I did not change anything, so I don't know what the problem was (kinda worries me). Will keep an eye on it in case someone else finds the same problem. Have another issue but it wouldn't meet the same problem description, so I'll submit a separate post.