User's manual

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by Leszek, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Leszek

Leszek Member

Hello!
    I've installed ISPConfig on my secound computer for testing and features it has are almost everything I need.Now I need to learn more about using ISPConfig and my question is this:Are there any tutorials or user manuals about using this software ? I mean a practical guide-not the official documentation (which is written ok).For example:how can I use ISPConfig in a local network to test it's features or how to start running the front page of my server and user sites etc.? I think that some people would be interested in guides like that.Thanks for Your help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Hi,

there are no such guides yet. You will find many bits of it here in the forum but not all pieces in one document :)

For local testing of sites, add the domain of the site to the hosts file of your (linux or windows) workstation pointing to the internal IP of your server.

3. Leszek

Leszek Member

Thanks for a quick reply.So if there aren't any practical guides for using ISPConfig maybe You should think of moving my post to "Suggest HOWTO" section and maybe someone would take some time for writing one or two? Sorry if I made a mistake by writing it here.