Using a difrent mail server

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Djunity, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Djunity

Djunity New Member

Hi there

i got a small question is it possible to use kerio/merak mail server with ispconfig instead off sendmail our postfix.

Regards Djunity

2. Hans

Hans Moderator ISPConfig Developer

As far as i know, ISPConfig only supports sendmail and Postfix.

It is possible to make use of an external mailserver.
    You can do this via the option "External Mailserver" within ISPConfig.

3. Djunity

Djunity New Member

ok i know that option but aint it so that the traffic stats are not shown in ispconfig our does isp pickup that traffic ??

Regards Djunity

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

No, ISPConfig doesn't track the traffic of external servers.

5. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

ok I know this is not 100% related but this was the closest post to my question.

I have a customer for whom I want to design/set up a small site. his hsting is not the best, so he gave me his login credentials, and I set up an a-record for his domain to point to my server for testing purposes. all worked fine, except that when I want to email him from my server, the mail does not get delivered because ispcfg thinks my server is also responsible for his emails. so I selected: external mailserver for this site but still, I get a delivery failure. does this need more time to work or do I need to make some other changes too?

in his control panel (btw. his host is strato) I checked that the standard strato mailservers are responsible for his MX records (thata a direct translation of their menu)

can someone walk me through concerning what I could have done wrong?

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Did you select external mailserver also for all Co-Domains?

7. Ovidiu

Ovidiu Active Member

I did not know I could set that option also for codomains. just found that option, set it and that did the trick. THX :)