Using imapsync with ISP Config 2 server

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by wr19026, Jan 29, 2010.

1. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

I'm trying to usethis how-to to sync mailboxes from an ISP Config 2 server to a ClearOS server

imapsync --host1 server1.example.com --user1 john --authmech1 PLAIN --passfile1 /etc/secret1 --ssl1 --port1 993 --prefix1 INBOX --host2 server2.example.com --user2 jack --passfile2 /etc/secret2 --ssl2 --port2 993 --prefix2 INBOX

This is the output I see; what am I doing wrong?

Turned ON syncinternaldates, will set the internal dates on host2 same as host1.
    TimeZone :[EST]
    Will try to use PLAIN authentication on host1
    Will try to use CRAM-MD5 authentication on host2
    From imap server [server1.example.com] port [993] user [john]
    To imap server [server2.example.com] port [993] user [jack]
    Banner : * OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ ID AUTH=PLAIN SASL-IR] server2.example.com Cyrus IMAP4 v2.3.11 server ready
    Host server1.example.com says it has CAPABILITY for AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
    Error login : [server1.example.com] with user [john] auth : 2 NO authentication failure

Trying LOGIN Auth mechanism on [server1.example.com] with user [john]
    Error login : [server1.example.com] with user [john] auth [LOGIN] : 3 NO Login failed: authentication failure

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Do you use the correct username? Usually, usernames on ISPConfig 2 systems have the form web1_user.

3. wr19026

wr19026 New Member

Yes, the user_ids and passwords are correct. I did notice that use of the --ssl1 or --ssl2 flags are quite tricky, same as the port#. The fact you are using a certificate does not by default mean you have to use port 993.

Anyway, with a bit of tinkering I managed to, based on the how-to I found here, successfully use imapsync to transfer mail accounts between 2 servers :)