vanilla ispconfig install

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jmroth, Nov 21, 2006.

1. jmroth

jmroth ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi there,
    I have made some adjustments to our ispconfig installation. Now it is too time consuming for me to always compare and copy/modify files between an updated version and my tree.
    How can I install a "vanilla", i.e. clean and fresh ISPconfig? I would like to install it to some other place than /root/ispconfig and /home/admispconfig obviously, since I just need it to do a diff.
    Any hint on such a customization task would be very appreciated.
    Regards,
    Marc

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can not set another path without writing a new installer. Either you use a second install, e.g. in a vmaware server to install or you compare your installation against the ISPConfig SVN repository.

If you use SVN, make sure you compare against the stable branch and not the trunk, which contains the latest dev version.

3. jmroth

I guess I'll take a look at the installer then ;-)
    Since I have made changes to the live system it will not be of much help to diff against the source... especially since much of the source (i.e. spamassassin) is contained in archive files and is only compiled and installed (and not only copied) during the installation.

4. jmroth

Oh well, I have checked that, there still is a lot of hardcoded /root/ispconfig and /home/adm* in many config files etc. which are not rewritten by the setup file if I am correct
    So I will just try my luck and try to patch an updated ispconfig installation with my modified files from an older one :)