/var/lib/mysql on separate partition, how to set quota?

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by radim_h, Feb 3, 2017.

1. radim_h

radim_h Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    i have ISPConfig multiserver setup and separate database server. Now i added 2x SSD drive in RAID1,mounted it as /mnt/sddraid1 ,made dir /mnt/sddraid1/var/lib/mysql , moved data and made softlink into it as "ln -s /mnt/sddraid1/var/lib/mysql /var/lib/mysql"
    My question is, where to create quota now ? This is how my /etc/fstab looks
    <code>
    # / was on /dev/md0 during installation
    UUID=b0660fc4-778a-421b-b123-581d6e7a08a6 / ext4 noatime,errors=remount-ro 0 1

# /var was on /dev/md2 during installation
    UUID=d4d673a5-d77f-446b-b091-f1b952b9896e /var ext4 noatime,defaults,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0 0 2

# swap was on /dev/md1 during installation
    UUID=ccc6cba5-c78b-4c6d-88c5-1070307a6da0 none swap sw 0 0

UUID=bf813490-465f-428a-bd84-4e470fe4a2e3 /mnt/sddraid1 ext4 noatime,defaults 0 2 </code>

Do i have to move quota to /mnt/sddraid1? or do i need to have it on /var and also /mnt/sddraid1 ?

If i hav eto move
    mount -o remount /mnt/sddraid1 && quotacheck -avugm && quotaon -avug will be sufficient to reactvate quota then?

Thank you for any help

RH

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Normally you don't need quota on the partition that MySQL is running on as all MySQL databases are normally owned by user "mysql", so they fall under the same filesystem quota.

3. radim_h

And what about the quota for MysqL In ISPC ?
    So what do i have to do, leave it as it is ?

4. till

That's a virtual quota, not filesystem quota. innodb databases today are normally in one large file (all databases of all webs in one file), so that a file system quota won't work here as one file can have only one linux user as owner.

I would leave it as it is.

radim_h likes this.
  5. radim_h

aha, so in fact, there is no need for quota at all? and Mysql quota is only informational and canot be forced ?

6. till

2x yes