vBulletin database move

Discussion in 'General' started by nzAndy, Sep 17, 2023.

1. nzAndy

nzAndy Member

Im moving my vBulletin forum website from Bluehost to my home server (Ubuntu 22.04). I have moved all the website files, but I am not sure how I should be going about getting the sql database backup file moved to the server, and installed.
    Can I do this through ISP config, or do I need to do it through ssl direct to the home server.

Cheers for any help

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I find the best is to use phpmyadmin for database backup and restore. ISPConfig web server should normally have this ready but of course you can also use ISPConfig database backup other than web files backup. You can check out this feature at ISPConfig Panel > Website > Domain > Backup.

3. nzAndy

nzAndy Member

thanks,
    In ISPConfig, I couldn't see any way to get the sql database file (from the other server) imported into the newly created blank ISPConfig database, there seemed to be only options for the present empty setup database such as download, restore etc, but no import?

4. ahrasis

Restore should import it but to get from other server that is not supported.

5. nzAndy

nzAndy Member

I'm using a backup SQL file (on my computer) from the original server.
    When I use restore, it auto restores from somewhere, can I find or change this restore location?

upload_2023-9-17_13-11-12.png

6. ahrasis

Try using phpmyadmin as advised earlier. It should be on ispserver.hostname.tld:8081/phpmyadmin for nginx or ispserver.hostname.tld:8080/phpmyadmin for apache.

7. nzAndy

nzAndy Member