Version control Plugin

Discussion in 'Plugins/Modules/Addons' started by Óscar M., Jun 10, 2018.

1. Óscar M.

Óscar M. New Member

Hello all,

I'm Óscar, a PHP developer and sysadmin for 5 years. Recently started to use ISPConfig in my servers. Very Happy with it!

I thought that if you could just clone a git repository in the webroot path automatically and could update the repo with a button would be amagazing!
    So I wrote a plugin for that:
    https://git.ispconfig.org/Funclineal/ispconfig3

This is my first try making an ISPConfig plugin so, I will appreciate all the comments and corrections.

I would like that feature in ISPConfig but I can't even login in the GitLab :S Meanwhile I'm using my own repo (wich you can signup and do whatever you want).

See ya! :D

EDIT:

Reposotory now on ISPConfig's GitLab:
    https://git.ispconfig.org/Funclineal/ispconfig3

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    till likes this.
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. Óscar M.

Óscar M. New Member

It is for static and dynamic. You have a git repository with the website sources? You can use it to pull the sources into the webroot folder.

No neet to create a FTP or Shell user.

In the repository link you have more info.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Login works fine for my account. Which error do you get when you try to login?

5. Óscar M.

Óscar M. New Member

None, I think that the signup doen't work.

After fill the form and submit, does a page refresh. I did it like 4 times. And no email was sent.

Every time I was using the same username so...

6. till

Ok, I'll check that.

7. till

User registration at git.ispconfig.org is working again.

8. Óscar M.

Óscar M. New Member

Thank you Till.

9. Óscar M.

Óscar M. New Member

Now I have signed up, how do I proceed?
    I can't create a repository nor fork ISPConfig.

Fork Error!
    You tried to fork ISPConfig / ISPConfig 3 but it failed for the following reason:

– Namespace is not valid

:S

10. till

Please try again now. New users are set to external in gitlab as we had issues with thousands of spam accounts that flooded our git server and external users can not create repositories :)

11. Óscar M.

Óscar M. New Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  12. jlscott

jlscott New Member

Hi.
    I can access the repository, but there are no instructions on how to install the plugin. The only installation instructions in the listed repository refer to installing IPSConfig3, but I already have that application installed.
    Please advise instructions for installing the plugin from the repository https://git.ispconfig.org/Funclineal/ispconfig3.
    Thanks.

13. Taleman

Plugin installation instructions are in comments in file install/install.php.

14. jlscott

jlscott New Member

Thanks @Taleman. However, those look very much like installation instructions for ISPconfig3. I already have that installed and working, and am now looking for instructions to install just the VCS plugin? Does it in fact exist as a separate component?

15. till

Seems as if the developer of this plugin forked the whole ispconfig code instead of developing just a plugin for ispconfig, that's why he probably describes the whole ISPConfig installation. The problem is that the ispconfig in his repo seems to be at least one year old and does not get any updates, so I don't see an easy way to use or install this. Basically one would have to use his forked ispconfig and try to diff it against the official ispconfig version that the fork has been derived from and then port it to the current ISPConfig.

16. Taleman

I had not noticed that. Strange way to publish a plugin. That would work for the creator of that plugin, but is pretty much unusable for others. Pity, now that I finally figured what the plugin does I was interested in testing it for a static website.