vhost aliasdomains

Discussion in 'General' started by nhybgtvfr, Feb 20, 2017.

1. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi.
    i'm using ispconfig 3.1.2, in a multiserver configuration.
    i already have hundreds of websites configured, many with aliasdomains, some with multiple alias domains.

in the main interface config,
    create subdomains as website is checked
    create aliasdomains as website is unchecked.

i've now got a situation where i may need this aliasdomain option to be checked. before i do this, i want to double check what effect will this have on all the aliasdomains already configured? what effect will performing a resync have on the already existing aliasdomains?

thanks
    lee.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

It just adds an option in the menu of the sites module, there is neither a resync required nor has this any effects on existing sites or alias domains.

3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

ok. cool. thanks, just wanted to make sure it didn't make any unexpected changes to already existing aliasdomains.

4. McLure

McLure Member

A few years ago Fabian helped me with adding a "Aliasdomains (Vhost)" under Sites > Websides in the left menu. That was the only solution that worked with Magento alias for several domains in the same installation.
    Is this something I can add myself, in a new ISPConfig server? I have looked around for settings that can add this function - but not find anything.

5. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, it is the option mentioned in the first post, "create aliasdomains as website."

ahrasis and McLure like this.