Vhost not being updated

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by yurtboy, Dec 14, 2006.

1. yurtboy

yurtboy New Member

Installed this server with apache and was running fine BUT then I wanted to use ISPconfig and wen through falko's install process for ubuntu. Thanks...
    THis time though all works fine BUT the vhost file does not get updated? If i do it by hand it all works out fine. Ie copy over the working insert and change it to match the latest site?
    Thanks
    Al

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. yurtboy

yurtboy New Member

For me the mistake was

with ubuntu there is apache and apache2.
    I figured since I was not using apache it was not needed, ie I was using apache2
    But once removed everything worked but the ISPConfig updates.
    Once installed it all works again. Seems there is a /usr/bin it needs?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

How do you mean that? /usr/bin should exist on every system.

5. yurtboy

yurtboy New Member

I know ( -:

What I meant but wrote in a rush and did not get across was that I think there was something in /usr/bin that when I removed apache ie apt-get remove apache and just had apache2 install missing.
    So when I did changes in the web for ispconfig it did not update the file vhost until I reinstalled apache.
    But I will look into it more after since it is working OKAY now except that it adds
    ResourceConfig /dev/null
    AccessConfig /dev/null
    to the top of the file which I need to pound out to make apache2 start?
    I will focus more on this shortly, I have two other projects in the way and all is working (though not perfect) for now.
    Al
    http://rivervalleywebhosting.com

6. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please disable Frontpage extensions in the ISPConfig settings (Management -> Server -> Settings).