Vhost problem

Discussion in 'General' started by taylan, Oct 11, 2006.

1. taylan

taylan New Member

Hello

How can i direct website using ispconfig interface . The website i created into the folder but when type url address i want to reach this particular folders and see website when i use co-domain it works but when i use all url address with www it doesnt work any solution

in Vhosts_ispconfig.conf when i edit document root it works but after awhile it all settings edited part is reseted any solution please

Thanks a lot

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You must copy your website in the folder "web" that ISPConfig created for this domain.

3. taylan

taylan New Member

Hello Till
    There is no other way to edit only a file and access my website straight through
    i have to move index.php file into "web" folder .When i edited Vhost file it works awhile but then go back previous version of file .
    and it is not about ispconfig if you know i will be appreciate
    how can i change file owner and permission for entire folder and subfolder using command line .
    i know how to change folder and files permission and owner when i used it apply only file or folder not for sub folders.do you know how to do :) thank you very much till
    all you help

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can add a redirect so that the browser is directed to the correct file: http://www.stevenhargrove.com/redirect-web-pages/

Do not edit Vhosts_ispconfig.conf, your changes will be overwritten by ISPConfig! Use the Apache Directives box in ISPConfig to add your own directives (but this will not work for the DocumentRoot).
    Use the -R switch:
    Code:
    chmod -R ...
    chown -R ...