Virtual E-Mail Problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by amurray, Jul 10, 2006.

1. amurray

amurray New Member

Hey All,
    I just set up a fresh install of Fedora Core 5 [howtoforge - perfect fedora core 5 setup], and installed ISPConfig. I am now having the following problem, which I am sure is just a newbie configuration problem. I created a new client [MyHBN], and created a new website linked to that client [myhbn]. The host for both client and website is 'www' and the domain is 'myhbn.com'. I also created a codomain with an empty host field and the domain as 'myhbn.com'.

Now the problem I am having is that when I add a user I am getting:
    I have checked the /etc/postfix/virtusertable file and see the following (4) entries for the user :

There are a whole lot of entries, and the only one that should really be there is the third line ([email protected] myhbn.com_ajmurray)

I have installed both UebiMiau and RoundCube.

RoundCube:
    I log in with myhbn.com_ajmurray as the username, and I try to compose a message and it appears that it is coming from:
    -- I would like it to say --
    UebiMiau:
    I am unable to log in at all. I have tried all possible usernames (in the email field) with no luck:
    I appreciate any help on any of the above problems.

Thank you
    Aaron Murray

2. amurray

amurray New Member

Update

Hey all again,

Just wanted to add another note, when I set up ThunderBird I am able to send messages from my gmail account to my myhbn account and vica versa, no problems. I still have the problem with the webmail scripts (prev post).

Thanks
    Aaron

3. amurray

amurray New Member

Another Update

Hey all again,

Ok, I have another update, I am now able to log into the UebiMiau, and found that I could change the settings manually in both webmail clients to show the proper e-mail address and name:
    However it would be a lot nicer if it took the ISP User/Email & Settings information (Real Name and Email Address settings) and populated the webmail script settings with that information automatically, rather than having to do it manually for each user added.

And I still don't know why it is adding 4 lines to the /etc/postfix/virtusertable file for each email address, is there some kind of problem with my settings somewhere?

Thanks again,
    Aaron Murray

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, thats all fine so far. There is one line added for your username for every domian and co-domain and for every email address and alias.