Virtual Hosting with Postfix DNS Question

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by MrBlackthorne, Feb 10, 2007.

1. MrBlackthorne

MrBlackthorne New Member

I have set up a mail server using the tutorial, "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAssassin, ClamAV)." The setup actually works wonderfully, except for one thing:

When sending mail to an AOL or Gmail account, using an address from any domain except the "main" server domain causes the mail to get sent to the "Spam" folder.

For instance, I have the email address "[email protected]." The server name is "server1.maindomain.com" and there is a CNAME entry in the DNS for "server1.maindomain.com," so AOL and Gmail don't have any issues when they see in the header:

Received: from server1.maindomain.com (XX-XX-X-XX.yyy.yyy.net [XX.XXX.X.XX]) by rly-xl05.mx.aol.com (v114_r3.2) with ESMTP id MAILRELAYINXL51-5d345ce069835c; Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:53:30 -0500

But if I send from any other domain on the server (i.e. "[email protected]") the messages go to the "Spam" folder, presumably because that CNAME entry doesn't exist in the DNS.

How can I configure the other domains on the server (DNS config?) so that these messages don't end up in spam?

Thanks for the help,

Rick

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer