Virtual Hosting With Proftpd And MySQL Problems

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by bigredgecko, Jul 6, 2006.

1. bigredgecko

bigredgecko New Member

Hello there,

I have searched these forums and have not seen a similar problem so I am going to post here.

Before you read this, I have followed the instructions exactly (Or so I believe). My MySQL is set up with all the tables and stuff. The ProFTPd is configured aaaaand the user and groups are created.

When I try to login with "exampleuser", password: "secret", I get this message:

The thing is, My service is started... I typed into terminal /etc/init.d/proftpd restart to make the changes and it came up with:

So all systems are working, My Firewall is configured to allow Port 21 [FTP] from anywhere.

Anyways, as you can guess I have been at this for HOURS reading your tutorial and I am just not getting anywhere and wondering what you think.

My proftpd.conf file is this:

You can have a go and see what you can make of it too if you are online @200-@999 [Swatch time for people who know it] or 8:00am - 11:59pm GMT.

ftp: bigredgecko.co.uk
    user: exampleuser
    pass: secret

Please oh please could someone help, I am a complete n00b, yeh... But hey! at least I admit it, lmao.

Take care people, Xan Manning.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

I get "Connection failed" in WS_FTP...
    Have you tried both active and passive transfers in your FTP client?