Virtual hosts and domains

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by fernandoch, Jan 25, 2020.

1. fernandoch

fernandoch Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello,
    I had 3 domains in one of my servers with 3 different Apache virtual hosts.
    2 domains have expired. How can i access these expired domains now via the other domain that still works? I mean to access the wordpress they had installed?
    Should I use Alias? Or how to do it?
    Thanks

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

3. fernandoch

fernandoch Member HowtoForge Supporter

Thanks, it worked, just had problems editing the hosts file and it was because of my antivirus.
    I disabled it and I was able to edit the file.
    Thanks.

4. M Javier

M Javier New Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hello, I make the hosts name resolution with local.domain 192.xxx.xxx.xxx all the web is created normally, I select the php version, and publish internally via ftp (I want my development to be intranet) but the web server "serves" the directory of the main domain of the server. I try several times but unsuccesfull, any ideas?
    Regards,

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you run a cms in these sites? If you have e.g. WordPress installed, then you must set the new domain in wordpress as well, otherwise it will redirect you to the original website.

6. M Javier

Is php based CMS application server, not word press, also I made the settings on the Common files etc. all the directories are setted up fine, I also had made test with resolving domains with no problems, but when i create a website with a no resolving domain for development porpouses (I hope I spell that right) it continue to serve the web directory of the domain of the server. I make the proper changes on the hosts file and go there, the name is on the url bar, but with phpinfo() shows that directory as the serving directory (the one that is the domain of my server):

https://www.borderxxxx.com/info.php =>
    open_basedir = /var/www/clients/client5/web1/web:/var/www/clients/client5/web1/private:/var/www/clients/client5/web1/tmp:/var/www/borderxxxx.com/web:/srv/www/borderxxxx.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom

on ispconfig document root : /var/www/clients/client5/web1

https://transport.local/info.php =>
    open_basedir = /var/www/clients/client5/web1/web:/var/www/clients/client5/web1/private:/var/www/clients/client5/web1/tmp:/var/www/borderxxxx.com/web:/srv/www/borderxxxx.com/web:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php:/tmp:/usr/share/phpmyadmin:/etc/phpmyadmin:/var/lib/phpmyadmin:/dev/random:/dev/urandom

on ispconfig document root : /var/www/clients/client4/web11

ftpusers are diferent and landed on the proper directrories also the database users.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  7. M Javier

Hi till,
    if the ssl let's encript is not setted up and the site use ssl, that's what happend. It's solved.
    Best Regards,