Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (CentOS 5.1)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by nacef, Jul 31, 2008.

1. nacef

nacef New Member

Hi all,

I am trying to set a mail server with this tutorial and it worked just great for me. There is although one thing that I am trying and I can't get it to work.

The virtual domain that I have configured on my server is registered at my ISP and I have some email adresses registered at the ISP on this domain. What I want to have on my server is some other email accounts with the same domain name and keep my old accounts on the ISP server, and I want them to be able to send emails to each other semlessly.
    I will give an example :
    on my ISP server I have these accounts : [email protected] and [email protected]
    On my local server I want to have the same domain mydomain.com as a virtual domain and create user3 and [email protected] and I want to be able to send from these local accounts to the external accounts.
    When I try to send something to an external account the server tells me :Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table which is quite normal as it cannot find this address on my server but is there a way to make him go external through my relayhost when it doesn't find a registered account

Thanks to all

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can try Postfix transports. See
    Code:
    man 5 transport

3. nacef

nacef New Member

Hi falko,

I have tried to add this transport rule in the transport table :
    domain = mydomain.com
    transport = smtp:my_isp_smtp_server

But it seems that it doesn't work

Any help ?

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I think the line should look like this:

Code:
    mydomain.com smtp:my_isp_smtp_server

5. nacef

nacef New Member

That' waht I did, I am using Mysql as a backend for my postfix. So I had to insert these values in the transport table. But now when I try to send to some external mail address, it keeps telling me that the user account could not be found as if it were a local account.

So any clues ?