Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora Core 5) ed bad exit

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by wsand70, Jan 28, 2007.

1. wsand70

wsand70 New Member

Following the Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora Core 5) Howto. I'm doing this on a FC5 VPS that was built up from a minimal install. Not getting very far and already having issues. I have called the new patch in the spec file and getting bad exit status error during the rpmbuild. Here are the last few lines:
    Code:
    + for i in active bounce corrupt defer deferred flush incoming private saved maildrop public pid saved trace
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/saved
    + for i in active bounce corrupt defer deferred flush incoming private saved maildrop public pid saved trace
    + mkdir -p /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/var/spool/postfix/trace
    + for i in smtp-sink smtp-source
    + install -c -m 755 bin/smtp-sink /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/sbin/
    + install -c -m 755 man/man1/smtp-sink.1 /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/share/man/man1/
    + for i in smtp-sink smtp-source
    + install -c -m 755 bin/smtp-source /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/sbin/
    + install -c -m 755 man/man1/smtp-source.1 /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/usr/share/man/man1/
    + ed /var/tmp/postfix-buildroot/etc/postfix/postfix-files
    ?
    + exit 1
    error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.5435 (%install)

RPM build errors:
        Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.5435 (%install)
    Ironicly I have found one other instance of someone having a very similar error they posted to pastebin just yesterday too. Any tips on tracking this one?

Thanks,
    Warren

2. wsand70

wsand70 New Member

Problem must have been related to OpenVZ. Seems to build fine on a native FC5 install. So I assume there must be a special glibc-common for openvz causing the problem. Moving on now.

3. starex

starex New Member

dirty fix

Hi,
    The problem is related with "ed" text editor. Open postfix.spec file and comment out the lines that prevent srpm to build:

# RPM compresses man pages automatically.
    # - Edit postfix-files to reflect this, so post-install won't get confused
    # when called during package installation.
    ##ed $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{postfix_config_dir}/postfix-files <<EOF || exit 1
    ##%s/\(\/man[158]\/.*\.[158]\):/\1.gz:/
    ##%s/\$config_directory\/aliases:f/\#/
    ##w
    ##q
    ##EOF

These lines seem to be man pages related which is not vital for me. Someone experienced in scripting can fix this easily.
    SRPM builds and postfix runs without problem.

Regards.