Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora Core 5)

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Mystik, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Mystik

Mystik New Member

Hi all I am referring to the above Howto, and to also find out whether anyone has implmented on Suse 10.2?

It appears that most of the stuff should be the same, but a little concerned about the Quota patches for Postfix?

There is already a mysql addon package for Suse 10.2, but nothing for quote.

If anyone could provide some assistance that would be great.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I don't think the quota patch is included in the SuSE packages. I think you have to compile it in.

3. Mystik

Mystik New Member

Changed post

So basically then I should complete as follows:

** Remove existing postfix installation
    Download the src for postfix from http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.2/repo/src-oss/suse/src/postfix-2.3.2-28.src.rpm
    Install source
    ** Download patch: http://web.onda.com.br/nadal/postfix/VDA/postfix-2.3.2-vda.patch.gz

Then follow instructions as is changing where appropriate for SUSE environment?

small question I have is how does this cope with security patches etc? if the signature of the of the final rpm changes, wont this be excluded from normal online updates?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  4. falko

Yes, try this.

Well, you can't update the Postfix package then anymore because then you'd lose the quota patch (unless you compile it into the new Postfix package).

5. Mystik

Mystik New Member

Hey Falko Thanks for that....

There aresome differences in creating the new RPM for SUSE 10.2, and I managed to find a link to:

http://forums.theonpc.com/viewtopic.php?p=31&sid=ffdeccc932a25bea21ec27339184fa1b

Which runs through patching the quota support for the Suse 10.2 Postfix rpm.... So for anyone else trying to do this on Suse you can refer to that....

So once that it done, then the rest of the instructions should pretty much flow I assume?

Thanks for all your assistance.....

6. falko

Theoretically yes (but you never know, especially as it's a SuSE system... :D ).

7. Mystik

Mystik New Member

Ahhhhh well built the postfix and installed that......

Definately differences between Fedora and SUse as far as the instructions go, so as a result have not completed yet.... a little more research I think and peicing lots of guides together......

would be great if a Suse Guru could modify your excellent guide specific to Open Suse packages and configuration params (Like ClamAV, spamassasin etc........) :eek:

To help out intermediates like me, who know a bit, but not quite enough about stringing all these compnents together :)

So anyone out there able to lend some assstiance? :) :)