Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL - ISSUE

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Mystik, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Mystik

Mystik New Member

Hi guys,

I built a F7 server up using the guide Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL and all was working fine.

I installed a heap of updates this morning on the server, and now I cannot accept mail on my mail.

/var/log/maillog contains:

Code:
    Jul  4 22:12:20 server2 postfix/proxymap[4417]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    Jul  4 22:12:21 server2 postfix/smtpd[4407]: warning: private/proxymap socket: service dict_proxy_open: Success
    Jul  4 22:12:21 server2 postfix/master[4346]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/proxymap pid 4417 exit status 1
    Jul  4 22:12:21 server2 postfix/master[4346]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/proxymap: bad command startup -- throttling
    Jul  4 22:13:21 server2 postfix/proxymap[4420]: fatal: unsupported dictionary type: mysql
    Jul  4 22:13:22 server2 postfix/master[4346]: warning: process /usr/libexec/postfix/proxymap pid 4420 exit status 1
    Jul  4 22:13:22 server2 postfix/master[4346]: warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/proxymap: bad command startup -- throttling
    Jul  4 22:13:22 server2 postfix/smtpd[4407]: warning: private/proxymap socket: service dict_proxy_open: Success

Anyone give me a tip on what might have broken, or where I can start looking to resolve this issue?

any assistance would be great.,....

#rpm -q postfix

returns:

postfix-2.4.3-2.fc7

I swear it was postfix-2.2.8-1.2 which was current when I installed following the guide....

Do I need to rebuild postfix with current version? with Mysql and Quota support?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Yes. Your Postfix was updated with a newer version, and that newer version doesn't have the patches you applied to the old version.

3. hnodine

hnodine New Member

maybe reinstall the older package

Hello-

you may be able to install the older postfix rpm over the newer, updated one by doing: rpm -Uvh --oldpackage package-name. I recently had the same problem and this worked for me. This is quick, but it will only work if the other updates you downloaded do not interact with postfix.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. Mystik

Mystik New Member

Hey there guys, thanks for the post.

I had to uninstall the newer version of postfix, and then re-install the rpm I created, and then restore the config files which the newer version had changed.

But finally got it all back up and running......

I was hoping to patch the new version, but the CDA patch as yet is not available for the 2.4 version of postfix....Well not that I found anyways

5. MattijsR

MattijsR New Member

I did a yum update as well and didn't pay attention to postfix, so had to install the patched version again.

Solution to avoid the problem in the future:

add exclude=postfix to /etc/yum.conf.

6. MattijsR

MattijsR New Member

Or even better, get the latest postfix source and build with that one.

install yumdownloader (included in yum-utils)
    the download the source: yumdownloader --source postfix

and don't forget to get the latest vda:
    http://vda.sourceforge.net/

Good luck.