Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAs

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Mccy_McFlinn, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Mccy_McFlinn

Mccy_McFlinn New Member

Hello,

I've followed this HOWTO and everything is working fine. I can send and receive, I can identify spam and log into POP3 accounts as well as forward one domain to another server.

However, I was wondering if there was a way to have e-mails arrive for several different domains into the spam filter box and forward onto the required smtp servers but have it so that the mail server will flag spam mail as spam and pass it onto a [email protected] account held on the local box.

On top of that I was wondering if there is a way to have users from any domain create and maintain a whitelist/blacklist of their own, potentially via mysql, that will only apply to e-mails sent to the specified domain.

Apologies for asking so much. If there is no way under the current configuration to do this, does anyone know of a way to achieve these goals using a different set of programs or OSs etc.

Basically, I need a mail server that can accept mail for several different domains and forward on the "good" e-mail to their mail servers and filter off the "bad" e-mail into a local account so the users can login the webmail on the server and delete/release e-mails as required.

Thanks in advanced for any help on this.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can configure a spam quarantine account in the amavisd configuration.

Should be possible, but not without some (maybe heavy) modifications to the system...

3. Mccy_McFlinn

Mccy_McFlinn New Member

Hi thanks for the reply.

Can the spam quarantine folder be configured for several different domains so that mail that isn't spam is sent to a different server and that that is spam is sent to a quarantine folder specific for each domain?

Or does mail have to be delivered locally for the quarantine feature to be active?

With regards to the whitelist/blacklist question. Are there any online guides that you know of that might assist me in setting up the required modifications. Or do you know of any other systems that are capable of this type of feature?

Thanks

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You can configure amavisd to scan incoming and also outgoing emails, if you like.

I don't know of such a solution.