Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by JhonF, Apr 19, 2006.

1. JhonF

JhonF New Member

Hi, I followed the tutorial but I still have a problem:

Apparently the courier and postfix can accede without problems to the mysql DB (the telnet 25 work fine), but when I want to access pop3 the mail.err says:

Apr 19 11:25:13 localhost courierpop3login: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:192.168.0.2 31]

And the mysql.log:

SELECT email, "", password, 5000, 5000, /home/vmail, CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/'), "", "", "" FROM users where email = "[email protected]"

I believe that the error is in this SQL sentence, but how I make to modify it?
    Thanks.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you execute this query in e.g. phpmyadmin, which result do you get?

3. arajasi

arajasi New Member

Hi everyone,

I have the same problem with courier.
    If I execute the query, mysql returns this error message:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/home/vmail, CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

4. JhonF

JhonF New Member

phpMyAdmin says:

SQL query:
    SELECT email, "",
    PASSWORD , 5000, 5000, / home / vmail, CONCAT( SUBSTRING_INDEX( email, '@' , -1 ) , '/', SUBSTRING_INDEX( email, '@' , -1 ) , '/' ) , "", "", ""
    FROM users
    WHERE email = "[email protected]"
    LIMIT 0 , 30

MySQL said:
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '/home/vmail, CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING.

I believe that Courier is constructing a bad SQL sentence, but I dont know why.

This is my /etc/courier/authmysqlrc

MYSQL_SERVER 127.0.0.1
    MYSQL_USERNAME provider_admin
    MYSQL_PASSWORD *****
    MYSQL_PORT 0
    MYSQL_OPT 0
    MYSQL_DATABASE provider
    MYSQL_USER_TABLE users
    MYSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD password
    MYSQL_UID_FIELD 5000
    MYSQL_GID_FIELD 5000
    MYSQL_LOGIN_FIELD email
    MYSQL_HOME_FIELD /home/vmail
    MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',1),'/')

thanks

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's in /etc/pam.d/smtp?
    I see that your /etc/courier/authmysqlrc is not the same than in the tutorial. Please copy the one from the tutorial (only change the MySQL user, password and database).

6. JhonF

JhonF New Member

It is working!!

I decided to begin the tutorial from the beginning, and now it works well. I was due to have forgotten some the steps.

Falko, Thanks for this tutorial. I have test many of which there are in the web, but this one was the unique one that worked.

A few (add) questions:
    - What about Auto-Answers ? (for example, when the user is in vacations)
    How it would be possible to be implemented with the structure that we have?

- What about alias ? Not forwardings, alias.

Thanks!

7. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer