Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by gbaker386, Sep 7, 2006.

1. gbaker386

gbaker386 New Member

I am trying to follow the configuration tutorial: Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL

Now that I have finished the configuration when I try to connect via IMAP and it gives the following error in the logs:

Sep 6 23:09:20 thebakershome imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Sep 6 23:09:20 thebakershome imaplogin: chdir thebakershome.net/geoff/: No such file or directory

Does anyone have anyideas that could help me figure this out.

Thank-you in advance.

2. jjw

jjw New Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2006
  3. gbaker386

gbaker386 New Member

I did not

I did not even try to add quota support to postfix. I still performed all the configuration as though the support was there I just did not try to get the patch.

And my original problem has went away. I had configured postfix incorrectly so it had my domin several times (in the virtual and main.cf) so it was not able to deliver mail to itself. Once I fixed that it accepted test e-mails and generated the correct directory structure. Now everything is working.

4. jjw

jjw New Member

5. gbaker386

gbaker386 New Member

correct

Sorry I did not see that you posted a different link. Yes I used the second how-to.

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

You must send a mail to that account first before you can try to fetch mails. The needed directories are created automatically when the first mail arrives.

7. gbaker386

gbaker386 New Member

yeah that was the issue

falko: I knew I had to send an e-mail first in order to create the directories, however postfix was not accepting the e-mails. I did some investigating and it is now working. I think I had the domain different in one spot compared to another. Thanks for the advice though. :)