Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (Ubuntu 10.04

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by donbzm2, Jul 14, 2010.

1. donbzm2

donbzm2 New Member

Really nice this how to. I have just installed exactly as the "how to" explained. Everything looks fine. But when I send the welcome email to create the Maildir, nothing happens and the Maildir is not created in /home/vmail/

When I receive an email, the log shows that it has been delivered, but I don't know where, because the Maildir is not created:

Code:
    to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=0.03, delays=0.01/0.02/0/0.01, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to mailbox)
    Even if I send an email from an external server like gmail to my server, I will receive this success message in the log.

When I send an email (using SMTP client evolution on Ubuntu), the log shows it had been sent, the message arrives to its recipient but no Maildir is created:

Code:
    to=<[email protected]>, relay=otherdomain.com[xx.xx.xx.xx]:25, delay=3.9, delays=0.01/0.02/1.4/2.5, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK id=1OYv2d-0004UZ-A9)
    I even tried to create manually the Maildir like:
    Code:
    makedir -p /home/vmail/mydomain.com/user/
    maildirmake /home/vmail/mydomain.com/user/Maildir
    chmod 770 /home/vmail/mydomain.com -Rv
    chown vmail:vmail /home/vmail/mydomain.com -Rv
    And no messages were delivered yet.

Please, any help wold be very grateful. Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Are there any error messages in your mail log?

3. donbzm2

donbzm2 New Member

Solved, the problem occurred because I had my hostname set also as an virtual host.