VirtualBox 2.2 On A Headless Ubuntu 8.04.2 Server Help Please?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by kadasx, Jun 22, 2009.

1. kadasx

kadasx New Member

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, H'OK,

I followed the HowTo Guide on "VBoxHeadless - Running Virtual Machines With VirtualBox 2.0 On A Headless Ubuntu 8.04 Server".... Hours of fun :)

The first machine I tried it on wouldn't let me install Windows as a virtual machine kept giving me a EXT3 FS error.... there was something funky going on with that machine so I sacked it off and got a different one.

I have 2 virtual Windows 2003 R2 servers running, though for some reason I can't get them to run at the same time.

Both run from different NIC's, one from eth0 and the other from eth1. Both are bridged and had the following command used to set that up:

VBoxManage modifyvm "Svr1" -nic1 bridged -bridgeadapter1 eth0
    VBoxManage modifyvm "Svr2" -nic1 bridged -bridgeadapter1 eth1

both are on different vrdp ports so not to conflict one set to 3390 and the other 3400.

Is there something I'm missing... I've gone through the user manual, scoured the VBoxManage section and looked at all the possible commands, nothing seems to want to work. I can run one and access that remotely using VNC which I installed on both vm's but when both are running, the one I initiated first is the only one I can VNC into.

Any ideas on whats going on... might be me trying to over complicate it.... have attached the virtualbox xml config's for both servers, see if I've numptied it up somewhere.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009