VirtualHost overlaps

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Horfic, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Horfic

Horfic Member

Hi,
    I received after the update from 3.0.4.1 to 3.0.4.2 the apache error
    Code:
    apache2[Tue Jan 10 16:26:11 2012] [warn] VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80 overlaps with VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive
     ... waiting [Tue Jan 10 16:26:12 2012] [warn] VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80 overlaps with VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive
    What happend is, that obviously ispconfig reconfigured everything but forgot to add the ip in the ports.conf from apache2. So I had to add the ip with

NameVirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx:80 manually

Did anybody else got this error after upgrade?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The namevirtualhost directives are not in ports.conf on a ispconfig 3 server, they are in the ispconfig.conf file instead. So please remove the entry from ports.conf as it can cause the system to fail when ISPConfig adds the namevirtualhost directive in its configuration. Then login to ispconfig and check under System > Server IP if you added the IP there and if the namevirtualhost checkbox for this IP is enabled.

3. Horfic

Horfic Member

Yes it was/is checked and added.

So why didn't he add it into the file when he updated?

PS: Changed it

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Tested it here again and the namevirtualhost lines had been added automatically by the updater on my server. I dont know why it did not work on your system.

5. ras

ras New Member

Port dependency?

Same problem here, when IP address in ISPconfig setting was associated with 443 port only.
    Assigned with "80,443" again.