VPS & sites ok. But, VirtualMin not accessible @ port 10000

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by peterpetr, Aug 3, 2016.

1. peterpetr

peterpetr Member

*** OOPS. Wrong forum. You can ignore this message. ***
    Hello,
    I have a DigitalOcean VPS (Droplet) that is up-and-running. I can access several WordPress websites installed on this Ubuntu 14.04 server.
    But, I can't access VirtualMin using MyDomain.com:10000
    I've tried with two Windows computers with both IE 11 and lastest Chrome browsers. Error message in the browser is:
    This site can’t be reached
    MyDomain.com refused to connect.
    I checked the Console and found the output text in the screen capture image attached to this message.
    My VPS has 1 GB RAM, 20 GB Disk and is running only three very small WordPress sites. Local disk space: 19.56 GB total / 14.27 GB free / 5.29 GB used. 18% REAL MEMORY used.
    Next, I shutdown the VPS from the commandline: shutdown -h now
    I created a snapshot backup of the VPS (Droplet)
    After restarting I am able to access Virtualmin via MyDomain.com:10000 but
    >> the MySQL Db Server failed to start (version 5.5.50 that VirtualMin installed)
    From Webmin | Servers | MySQL Database Server: MySQL is not running on your system - database list could not be retrieved.
    Clicked the [Start MySQL Server] button and got: start: Job failed to start
    From Webmin | System | Bootup and Shutdown, I rebooted the system. Hoping the 2nd reboot will start the MySQL server.
    Same error: MySQL is not running on your system - database list could not be retrieved.
    There are updates available indicated by Virtualmin, so I upgraded: Successfully installed 18 packages.
    Now, without MySQL running my 3 small WordPress sites show:
    Error establishing a database connection
    Please help to resolve this issue with Virtualmin / MySQL. Seems after the reboot MySQL is not able to start.
    Your help would be most appreciated. Thank you. P.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016