Vps with port 25 blocked, is there a solution?

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by Mateus Takz, Nov 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

Hello to all the readers and collaborators of this wonderful project.
    I'm having problems sending email, my isp blocks port 25 and it does not open, I already tried everything with isp, it did not work.
    My e-mail queue returns as: 25: Connection time exceeded or: 25: Network unreachable.

Or is there some good reputation isp that indicate with port 25 open for use

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

3. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

The provider I hired blocks the output 25, the input 25 is open. As a reference point, I get regular emails. only the output returns the timeout. Between domains in the vps itself sends and receives normal.
    Is there any chance a rule in iptables fix this problem?

in south america, all providers block port 25, digitalocean also does not open for new customers, other than those mentioned in the post: Linode, Hetzner or digitalocean.
    Do you indicate another provider? As I do not know the suppliers of europa, I met a company, Contabo with attractive products

4. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Perfect server tutorial already covers the part for sending mails via port 587 by enabling submission inet n - n - - smtpd in postfix master.cf, so if you followed the tutorial and your mail server still does not work, port 25 is probably blocked on both sides i.e. in and out.

5. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

ahrasis, Thanks!
    the master.cf file is configured as a tutorial, and it still does not work.
    you're right, was using web tools to check port 25, always returns open.
    But trying to connect via telnet does not connect.
    To redirect from ports or rules in iptables, does this not solve the problem?

6. ahrasis

We don't know but if you cannot utilized port 25 for mail server, you are out of luck. So either try other vps wholly or find vps for mail server only.

7. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

Ok, I get it .. Mail server with port 25 closed does not work. about mailgun and other similar services, is it a good option? What do you think? What is your opinion?

8. ahrasis

I am using GSuite as a relay and am not sure to recommend any other services. But depending on your mail needs, I think building a mail server on other vps will be the best way for you.

9. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

fantastic, I did not imagine that I could use gsuite as a relay, always by mx. I am happy with this information and will try to find out more. Here in howtoforge not the tutorial in this title?

and all the readers, I'm sorry for the google translate english.

10. ahrasis

I don't think there is any tutorial for GSuite but feel free to search or ask. There are two places in ISPConfig settings, one at System > Server Config > Mail and the other at System > Main Config > Mail.

Attached Files:

11. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

I am sad, gsuite accounts accepted for retransmission, can not be free accounts.
    but this tip of the ispconfig panel to configure the relay, port and encryption was great..
    Ahrasis, thanks

12. ahrasis

Yes it is no more free except for education and non profitable organizations.

13. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

my God.
    I was excited about the settings on the panel and I modified the port to 587 and activated STARTTLS to test and verify the result on master and main.
    But now roundcube does not log in, says login failed.
    Can you help me?

14. Mateus Takz

Mateus Takz New Member

it is necessary to change port 25 to 587 in the file /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php, I noticed that the change in the port causes login error and smtp 220.
    because?

15. ahrasis

Sorry but I don't use roundcube for quite sometimes, so I don't remembers what affect its settings that much.

16. fifi220

fifi220 New Member

I think building a mail server on other vps will be the best way for you.